Mystery Succulents

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by SanDiegoLarry, Jun 23, 2009.

1. SanDiegoLarry

SanDiegoLarry Member

Over the past year I've planted a number of succulents in my front yard here in San Diego. I'm usually pretty careful about keeping the names straight, but sometimes the plants had no label and sometimes I've lost it.

Here are two:

The first is a great grower, doing some excellent spreading in less than one year.

IMG_2567.jpg

The second produces these fantastic stalks, which cascade downwards with flowers. This might be from a pot labeled "Echeveria agavoides x pulidonis". Seen with Sempervivum, which it looks a bit like.

IMG_2564.jpg

2. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

The first one looks like a Sedum; no clue on the second.

3. Barbara Lloyd

Barbara Lloyd Well-Known Member

1. looks like a seedum, no idea which, as Lorax said, but sure would like to know.
    2. does look like an echeveria. Try looking in a post on page 2 of this "Plant ID" forum entitled "have no idea what this cute plant is?! Help!" barb

4. SanDiegoLarry

SanDiegoLarry Member

Thanks very much Lorax and Barb!

I do see where the first could be sedum. I see a bunch of photos online that look similar, but not exact. I think that came from a small cutting I found on the sidewalk and rooted, which explains my complete lack of an empty nursery pot for it.

Looking over my empty pots and what's in the garden, and also that thread on Echeveria, I think that the second was defiantly from "Echeveria agavoides x E pulidonis".

5. erika777

erika777 Active Member

The second one is 'Echeveria Runyonii'. (fairly certain).