Post a peek of yourself here...

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by The Hollyberry Lady, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

Have removed my "portrait" as I feel it has been there long enough.
    Liz

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    Dear Lorax MUI BIEN !! VERY NICE STAGE...love it .So you are a stage and costume Designer. I guess most Designers love flowers and plants..how could we not. get in touch with me who knows maybe one day we could do things together.. who knows the Internet makes the world so small. XXX Vic www.visualsenses.com

3. vicarious1

Hello Liz BRAVO..good for you why not. So we are not the ONLY blondes in this world haha.. I must grow mine now to compete and make plads also. Regards from Vancouver vic

4. vicarious1

So who is who. Is the Crab catcher the same men as the Lasagna chef after many DEEEELicious Lasagna ( recepie please by private message) always was scared to make Lasagna..but this looks SOOO tempting for a potluck. Thanks

5. vicarious1

Ok love love and more love its good to show it always..mmmm many years ago ? Beatles period ? haha

6. 1950Greg

1950Greg Active Member

Langley, B.C. Stones throw from old HBC farm.
    Totally not what I pictured both of you looking like. Here are four generations gardening and or farming from past to present and one of me bending over in the garden weeding.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  7. vicarious1

Great Photos..I love all of them Especially the 1st one showing how HARD it was to plow the mother earth. I must now find the scans of my grand parents pictures on their 35.000ha!!!!!!! farm in Zimbabwe before 1900 ...Dear file name "old fart" haha so funny ...Ok so you don't want to show off but would you tell me the name of the long stem leafy plant in front of you. I made 4 terracotta pots on the permeter with my neigbour (her pots) actually some oval pipe like thing.. She is NOT an avid gardener and seening the stuff lying around I just chatted her up and said . Let me arrange them along our garden line and make them look pretty with plants cutting from both sides.. She had these same leaves growing under a Rodo cramped together so I took some out and planted them (but now in full sun) The rodo was FULL SOUTH and they sureley were exposed to sun also..
    They have white bells like flowers ( gone by now) I want to add something a friend taught me yesterday about BLEEDING HEART flowers
    It creates 2 Bunnies 2 bathroom slippers a pair of earrings and a sun umbrella. DID YOU KNOW THAT ? All this in each of the flowers..:-) So cute and totally GARDENISH :-) and cute for your grand children.

Attached Files:

8. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

A mandevilla flower bloomed today, a picture of my hydroponic system - can't wait till there's peppers growing in it, and finally there's my melons getting use to their spot in the sun (Thanks Hollyberry).

That's cool Vic, I see the bunnies, but not really the slippers or umbrella...?

Attached Files:

9. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Wow, ShearMe - so great the melon seeds worked out for you. Your pics are super!

Ok, so who's next?...

: )

10. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hiyas ShearMe,
    Must say that the Mandevilla pics were a huge surprise when I logged in tonight. Thank you very much, I bought two of them approximately 3 and a half feet tall from a local nursery two years ago almost to the day, the first for myself, and the second for the owner of my workplace on her birthday, at least 10 to 12 flowers on the go (I kept the the best one for myself and it was even more prolific.) Long story, short she almost was in tears (after half a bottle of Ballantine's scotch whiskey I am sure:), and an excellent dinner I prepared for her 60th (Coquille St. Jacques, Dungeness crab & Nova Scotia lobster salad, other classics.) Her husband was actually pissed off because she announced in front of nine employees that it was the best present she received. I guess the three grand diamond earrings didn't match a Mandevilla bloom. I was told at the at the nursery it would only last the season, I have no greenhouse or similar environment to save over winter, if that would even work? Cheers and thank you for pics!

11. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hiyas Vic,
    I must say I am totally impressed by the bleeding heart decomposition, that is awesome!
    cheers Billy

12. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi Vic,
    ooops yes I will compose the lasagna recipe for you and send. The guys with Crabs is my buddy Remy (Remy Martin I call him) from Quebec, works in Fort St. John on the pipelines with my stepson, is a stand-up character. When he arrived here he had never seen the Ocean ever. Was an incredible feeling showing him around (we rode scooters, I own a couple), he said "I never want to leave!" I actually showed my co-workers your landscaping pictures from Africa South and they were amazed. By the way the Maitre'D at my work for the summer is a South-African, His name is Hilton Cranston-Whittaker the Third. I will post pictures later! Y'all rule and I look forward to coming home from work everyday and checking this thread of excellent 'Greenthumbed' people. Now we just need to add music :) :) :)

Attached Files:

13. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi Shears,
    I found the one pic I do have of my Mandevilla. I can't wait to acquire another:) I would appreciate any simple tips you could pass on Shears :) Have an awesome day.

Attached Files:

14. Mr Greenthumb

Mr Greenthumb Member

Okay well here is me! I also included a pic with me and my favorite toy, my white water kayak!

Attached Files:

15. 1950Greg

1950Greg Active Member

Langley, B.C. Stones throw from old HBC farm.
    ...Dear file name "old fart" haha so funny ...Ok so you don't want to show off but would you tell me the name of the long stem leafy plant in front of you.[/QUOTE]
    The plant is called Solomon's Seal by it's common name it's in the lily family. The tag on the photo of me was courtesy of my daughter.

16. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Greenthumb - alright! Another whitewater kayaker!

17. The Hollyberry Lady

Wow, the pics are all just terrific! Thanks for not being shy, you guys.

So who's pic is next?...

18. vicarious1

I think we should try maybe to start another type of thread. To keep this one to the point. The Hollyberry Lady seem to try to keep this thread to the point of keeping it short on what thread participants look like. I look forward seeing your pics maybe in another Thread that I will start now I'll call it "Favorite green things, thoughts, places,pets and self-portraits." ( so we can put flower pics, our portraits or posing in the gardens or elsewhere the pets etc) Simply giving this new thread the human opportunity to take it surely to interesting and somehow gardening oriented unknown forum paths. Our CATS are very good gardeners also!!

19. The Hollyberry Lady

I have decided that I was wrong! Yes, you read correctly - WRONG!

: O

This thread has gone completely dead since my last posting (now removed), which got me thinking...was it something I said? Why yes, yes it was!!!

This thread is going to be for whatever people want it to be for, in the future, and just forget I said any of the previous things about no conversation here. Have all the conversation you want.

The point of this thread, was to make things a little more friendly, warm, and inviting on UBC - so I had no right to cut off all the great conversation that was taking place here. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to sound like the warden! Lol.

Other garden forums that have personal picture threads, are full of chat and conversation, and tons of pics not just of themselves - their families, pets, comments, everything.

Feel free to call me an arse, and send me some dead seeds! LoL. Vicarious1 got it worst of all, in private messages, about all the chatter! I know I am forgiven though, right Vicarious1? Or am I? Hope someone breaks the ice soon...

Alright, just to get a little off topic here myself, and show it's ok - the first shot is my purple cayenne, and the last two are my long red cayenne - although not red quite yet. Both grown from seed in my living room window.

Now, I just need a piece of that lasagna...

Attached Files:

20. The Hollyberry Lady

Boy, do I ever feel silly over all of this! Talk about clearing a room fast! Gonna stick my foot in my mouth, a bit more.

For now, I am hiding...

Attached Files:

21. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

Lovely images!

This reminds me of a thread started at Swish-Tutorials as it was called then now Swishtalk. It was such fun, We were all friends then the forums (my first ever Swish software forum) got sold and its never been the same since. All the friends have all but disapeared now that were in this thread.

http://www.swishtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14215

Most images will be a red 'x' but some will be available but the fun we had will be viewable by text.

Ithink we did 52ish pages..ahahahahhaa I remember it well. My name was/is millie_frise in the thread. I still go to the forum but I feel so alone now without my old friends when I vist...no fun anymore.

I should add that if you are a Swish user and need help then that forum is still moderated by great mods.

Now later this afternoon a trip down memory lane...sigh...

Me, quite a bit younger but still little ole me.

Attached Files:

22. vicarious1

RED HOT CHILLY PEPPER :-) Dear stop the culpability trip there is no reason for this. A Forum is a Forum and what ever people make of it .. its a bit like in UK you step on a block in a park and you shout out to your lungs content. Some will ignore you some will stop by watch or even listen some will reply and some will take you for a cup of tea when you are out of breath. These are the ones worth waiting for as they will show you pics of their families. pets and if your are lucky even their tomatos and invite you home.. god forbid in Canada..it seems so NOT "in" to be invited home. That is why most of our friends are French, Egyptians, Columbians, Mexicans, Germans, South Africans, Guatemala, Venezuela Greek, Portugese and yes French Canadians ;-) but the what ever real Vancouverites either live in 500s sq feet and dont have a place for my size 34 bum or just prefer to take you for dinner and make sure you will share the bill. Not our way.. haha So be it ..ENJOY petal colurs from our garden wild roses honeysuckle and clematis ready for a bath oil SPA LIKE a.s.a.p. Care to join the treatement sit down relax take a deep breath bubble bubble .... it only takes imagination to relax !

Attached Files:

23. The Hollyberry Lady

Cute pic Katalina25!

Thanks for joining in and breaking the ice. I love that swishtalk idea. This forum seems a bit uptight and conservative sometimes, so I thought this thread would make it a bit more personal and friendly. Not so formal and stiff.

Over the years, I hope it fills up with many UBC members pictures, chats, comments, and potential friendships even. It's nice to see who you're chatting with.

It's kinda fun too...

Attached Files:

24. The Hollyberry Lady

Not a culpability trip Vicarious - just wanting to lighten things up like they were before, with a little humor. Besides, if you can't abuse yourself - someone else will! LoL.

Alright - what did you say your home address was, Vicarious? All this talk about candles, and bubblebaths - I love that! Incense too. Joking of course about the address - I already have it!

Yeah, I am a maritimer, where some of the friendliest people in all of Canada come from. Such a shame I ended up in Ontario, really. Down home (Nova Scotia), you grab a plate and stay for dinner if you are there at mealtime - it's a given. Here (Ontario), you'd be asked to leave because they're having supper!!!

: O

25. tugo

tugo Active Member

And here is me, from the other side of the world. The picture is abt 4-5 years old, sorry couldn't find a new one at hand. My companion is "Mr.Cinnamon" but he is not mine. A nice dog.
    tarçıntuğrul.JPG