Post a peek of yourself here...

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by The Hollyberry Lady, Jun 10, 2009.

1. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Hello UBC Members!

I got this idea from another forum, and thought it might be appreciated here, also. Some people have been on this forum for years, chatting and interacting with each other, and may be very curious to get a visual of what people look like.

I will begin the thread with my own photo, so you can all see what this overly enthusiastic, plant fanatic nut, looks like!!! LoL.

: )

Feel free to post your own pics as well - all are welcomed - even pet or family photos too. Some people have been chatting with me for awhile now, so I just wanted to satisfy their curiousity of what the Hollyberry Lady looks like.

Looking forward to seeing all your pics too. Please don't be shy...

HAPPY GARDENING 2009!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. The Hollyberry Lady

I think some of you may already know my little budgie, Henry...

Attached Files:

• 041.jpg
      041.jpg
      File size:
      118.1 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      106.4 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      51 KB
      Views:
  3. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

Well you are certainly younger than I expected :)

Sorry not going to join you as this forum is accessable from any where and I guess I am not keen on the exposure so to speak.

Nice idea tho for those of you who feel comfortable doing this.
    Liz

4. The Hollyberry Lady

Yup, it's all good - only for those who feel comfortable. Remember that pet pics are cool too. Other gardening forums post pics of each other no problem, and don't think it's such a big deal. I think it's nice to see one another.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  5. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    I think its a cool idea .. Why not. Why are people afraid to match a face with a name ..I would say put your face up with your favorite flower of this season or any season.
    Anyway I have mine already as my AVATAR pic now have to find out HOW to reply to this and add my photo is the reminder question.
    Hey I am 50+ just chose to go Platinum instead of salt and pepper up on my daring hairdresser/gardener friend
    and I match my Clematis better than ever :-)
    ove thy self , thy bloom and others will return you the feeling.:-)
    I love my flowers,me and my partner and many more .

6. The Hollyberry Lady

Yes Vicarious1, by all means post your favorite flower along with your photo. I just thought that this thread would be a way to make this forum a bit more friendly.

Click 'go advanced' at the bottom of your reply box, and them click the 'image' icon, and you can load the picture right from your own picture files.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  7. vicarious1

Ok so here we go ... YSL was my teacher and when he passed away I saw his home and than realized we loved same colors and plants him in Morocco me in South Africa. 22.000sq feet garden can keep one busy + 1 full time gardener :-) Me alone would not be me as I am a Designer. So me here with my favorite weeping Japanese Maple and www.visualsenses.com is what I do. Hey maybe someone will meet prince flower charming here :-).

Attached Files:

8. vicarious1

Ok so here we go ... YSL was my teacher and when he passed away I saw his home and than realized we loved same colors and plants him in Morocco me in South Africa. One day looking over my shoulder he said . "Vivez votre Vie en Coleurs" (Live your life in colors) and so I did over a 22.000sq feet garden. It can keep one busy + 1 full time gardener :-) Me alone would not be me as I am a Designer. So me here with my favorite weeping Japanese Maple showing off my hand painted velvet tulip print shirt. www.visualsenses.com is what I do.
    Hey maybe someone will meet prince flower charming here :-).

Attached Files:

9. The Hollyberry Lady

What a terrific pic of you, Vicarious1! That maple is just stunning! Thanks for not being chicken, and joining in the thread.

10. franflower

franflower Member

11. The Hollyberry Lady

Welcome Franflower! Thank for posting your shot - you are a lovely lady.

12. franflower

franflower Member

Thanks Hollyberry, you too!

13. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Sounds like fun! I always try to picture what people look like when reading their writing or talking over a phone, and it's cool to see how close you get. I totally thought hollyberry had blonde hair - and she does!

This one's of me and my gal, though a couple of years ago.

Attached Files:

14. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi everybody,
    Just wanted to say that I think this is a totally cool idea and wanted to contribute my own pictures and opinions if I may:) Hollyberry I also thought you were older, sorta surprised you are such an attractive young woman with the amount of knowledge you have about plants(must have a green thumb eh), a mixture of intelligence, natural talent and greenthumb wisdom fo' sure. Vic you are certainly a handsome man(love your signature pic with the shirt and the maple), give your hairdresser kudos. Your landscape pictures are incredible, and I might add that I am not even fond of some of the foliage but can't help but be impressed, even if North to South African inspired. I am more of an Eastern Orient/Pacific Rim plant appreciator. Must say you look damn sharp in the hand-painted velvet tulip shirt. The character of George Costanza from Seinfeld would be proud as he once dreamed to be ensconced in velvet:) As far as franflower's picture I only have one thing to say. VaVaVOOM! I wish I had mortgage problems, just so I could see her beautiful smile on occasion. Shear that is a nice pic of you and your gurl from a couple years ago, hope everything is still well:) Vic where did you get the shirt? :) A man and his 32 pound lasagna.jpg

YoungMasterNinjin chillin.jpg

Remy's Got Crabs!.jpg

15. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

You can assume that those of us who decline this invitation are (a) not photogenic, (b) running from the law, or (c) both. Those are some of my reasons, anyway.

16. The Hollyberry Lady

Too funny, Soccerdad! LoL.

Well thanks for all the compliments guys - you are so sweet. I am just glad that people are participating, and enjoying this thread. This is not a looks contest though, so no one has to feel shy or unworthy. I think everyone looks just terrific.

ShearMe, you and your girl look adorable! WillandLynn - great shots. That lasagna looks wonderful! Mmmmmm.

Yes, Vicarious1, you are very stylish - I love that shirt too. You are always dressed very nicely whenever I see pics of ya.

As far as my knowledge about plants and being younger - I am a complete horticulture fiend! I have been studying for over 6 years, from many books - and still continuing. Can't beat hands-on though of course, and I have that too. I can only imagine when I'm 40 or 50 - I want to be one of those little old ladies someday, who knows everything about gardening and then some.

17. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

You will be one of those lil old ladies with there butts up in the air in the garden .. no one will know you by your face .. just your butt.. :)

Sorry couldnt resist .. had to say that .. lol

Marion

18. The Hollyberry Lady

Hey Marn - where's your pic?!!! Too funny, about the butt comment! LoL.

I seem to recall seeing a nice photo of you once - c'mon now, don't be shy...

19. The Hollyberry Lady

Oh yeah - there it is! When I clicked on your link, I saw it. Cute pic - that's the one.

You are such a wonderful photographer, Marn. Feel free to post some of your shots here too, if you want...

20. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

If you watch hockey games on TV, you will see that a small number of fans, generally men, hold towels in front of their faces when a camera scans the crowd. Ever wonder why?

21. vicarious1

Hello.. Thanks for all the appreciation..of landscape etc.. This garden is in Johannesburg correct closer to the north..the Velvet shirt I made myself of the print I designed. It was produced many years ago for one of our clients in Paris called "Garage" very famous shirts ..I designed many prints and weaves for them still have some samples :-).. they used to sell like 500$ up ..at that time I would spend it but NOW NEVER ....:-)...So who is the guy in front of the DEEEEEELICIOUS Lasagna and who it he man with the DEEEEEEELicious Crabs..My partner would Wook them up Szechuan styles in a minute.. Maybe I should upload some pics of our Burnaby garden that I TRY to make look as tropical as possible. This thread is GRRRRRRReat thanks to the Hollyberry Lady .. who I must say looks like a Movie star..I am sure she could be a model for a Hair Design Contest or for Shampoo ( you should try Hair like that has a MARKET VALUE!! Give it a try. There are agencies specialized for that kind of market for the advertsing world. Regards to all.

22. vicarious1

Thats what I call NETWORKING Bravo... when I need a flower oriented Mortgage I'll think of you !

23. vicarious1

Hey there are not only Old little ladies don't forget all the gardeners men :-)...My bum up in the air.. well I use a m2 of wall to wall carpet and sit down to save my knees and back pain for later stages in life :-)

24. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Here's me. Like Vicarious, I'm a Designer, and me alone says nothing about me. So the other pics are from productions I've done. They are more important that what I look like.

Attached Files:

25. The Hollyberry Lady

Oh Lorax, I knew you would participate in this thread! Thanks for your pics - amazing.

P.S. Thanks Vicarious1 for the compliments, but no movie star here - just a plant fanatic nut!

: O