My Near Complete Asian/Zen Patio Garden

Discussion in 'Garden Design and Plant Suggestions' started by DianaW, Jun 1, 2009.

1. DianaW

DianaW Member

I am not too sure where to post these pictures, but for a while now I have been working on a simple zen garden on the shady north side of our house. It gets very little sun, maybe 3 hours of partial sun a day, so I have had to use shade or part shade plants. I am no expert gardener, but this has been an extremely fun project! There was nothing but old concrete slab before.

:)
    -Diana

Attached Files:

2. Mr Greenthumb

Mr Greenthumb Member

you have a very beautiful zen garden going! it looks great!

3. kaspian

kaspian Active Member 10 Years

How lovely and serene!

This shows how much one can accomplish even in the tiniest space, with a little work and imagination. And of course your impeccably good taste. The great danger with this kind of project, I find, is trying to do too much, to squeeze in just one more plant or one more bit of Japanoiserie.

4. DianaW

DianaW Member

Thank you for the kind comments!

I will have to try my hardest to resist the urge to add more. I think there is room for a couple of plants (probably some ferns) but past that it is almost done! I kind of want a little stone pagoda in there somewhere too.

I also want to continue this garden all around the house... since it is relatively low maintenance and just looks so great. :D Plus it helps finding fantastic deals on pavers and river stones!

5. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Yes, thanks for the lovely pictures! Stunning!

You must have so much fun with it. Looks like you are going to be enjoying a wonderful summer in your zen garden.

: )