Orange Peel Fungus

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by drmargy, May 16, 2009.

1. drmargy

drmargy Member

Thought maybe you might like to see the Orange Peel Fungus I saw while out riding my quad last fall. - Margy

Attached Files:

2. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Looks like the stuff growing in drewthenerd's basement...see in "Fungus and Lichen Identification"---as I recall the posting is "Strange Orange Fungus!" As Groucho Marx might say: how it got into his basement I'll never know.

3. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

Very beautiful! I love all the cup and jelly fungi that are out there...so many colors and textures!

4. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Hey, C.W.: have you seen the posting "Purple powder" by kellyannkol (HortBoard)? I'm wondering if the mysterious title substance could be some kinda spores...if anyone would know, you would!

I agree with you. The vast variety and endless beauty of fungi are just amazing.

5. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

Thanx Togata for the heads up....I'm thinking that it MIGHT be a slime mould? But as was stated...it's REALLY hard to know for sure without durn photos...lol It could also be a type of puff ball as I've come across one with a purplish spore to it.
    drmargy? I think u started a trend........a friend of mine who lives about an hour away just told me they found some of the orange peel??? I don't know why it's so elusive for me to see? But.......~sigh~..........I can only hope some day huh? :o)

6. drmargy

drmargy Member

Come visit us in Powell River, BC. There's lots of it along logging roads and gravel cut banks. - Margy