Identification: Mystery plant!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by ltlehman, May 4, 2009.

1. ltlehman

ltlehman Member

I would like to try to propagate this plant because it grows so well for me with my black thumb, but I'd like to know what it is first so I can try to do it properly. Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance...

Attached Files:

2. James D.

James D. Active Member

Looks like a Hoya to me, more than likely Hoya carnosa.

3. frauleinlayla

frauleinlayla Active Member

I have a Hoya carnosa, too. How fast does it grow for you? I wish I could see any growth on mine at all, hehe. What conditions do you have for yours, and how long have you had it? You say you have a black thumb, but you must be doing something right! =)

4. ltlehman

ltlehman Member

Thanks so much! I definitely wouldn't say that it grows fast...I've had this one for maybe 4 years now and it only has two "branches" (I'm a tree person, sorry). They've grown all over my desk looking for soil or something, but it only has leaves on the part that is in the sun on the windowsill and only has about 20 leaves total. It's on a windowsill that gets sun most of the day, a couple of other plants hated it there I think because it was too sunny. I guess my thumb is more of a brown because my plants usually don't die but they usually don't thrive like this guy. The few leaves it has are very happy leaves!