plum tree

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by lhsac, Apr 25, 2009.

1. lhsac

lhsac Member

Hi Everyone,

I have plum tree growing just great, but I found that there are some leaves with little hole on it. It looks like the vegetable leaves got some worms eating the leave. It looks like that. What should I do for that? This tree is a three years old plum with a lot of plums on right now. Please help!

Also I have cherry tree in the yard with some yellow leaves on now. It is two years cherry tree also with cherries on it. Is it because lack of water or too much water?

Please give me some clue! Thanks!

2. Ottawa-Zone5

Ottawa-Zone5 Active Member

Last year I had similar problem with a lot of holes in the cherry trees leaves and I kep looking for the culprit. I blamed ear wigs doing it at night but eventually I found that the June bugs were eating the leaves during the day light. There were not too many June bugs but the few were causing enough holes to cause worry. I used spray directed straight on the June bug and it fell like a small pebble in a few seconds without causing any problem for the leaves.

3. lhsac

lhsac Member

Thank you for your help. what kind of spray I need to buy? When and how much I need spray on the leave? I am very worry my fruit trees now. I lost one cherry tree last year I bought. It died during the winter time. It seems that there are one new cherry has showing me something wrong--yellow leaves and not so good looking as the other two cherry trees. Lang

4. Ottawa-Zone5

Ottawa-Zone5 Active Member

I will check the type of spray. You don't spray it on leaves but spray it directly on the June bug sitting on the leaves to eliminate the bug instead of using a plier to take care of it.