plant sale

Discussion in 'Talk about UBC Botanical Garden' started by 81044, Apr 22, 2009.

1. 81044

81044 Active Member

Is there only the plant auction this year on April 23rd? Is there no other free entrance sale going to happen this year?

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. 81044

81044 Active Member

thanks...

4. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

Somehow I could not find any reference to the perennial plant sale anywhere on the site, except Daniel's post brought me to it; I had assumed that it was canceled.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

The front-page posting will go up as soon as the person responsible for it has a bit of time -- some of the staff who were heavily involved with the recent plant auction are playing catch-up at the moment.

6. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

Not complaining. I think that all of us who are employed, and probably many of us who are not, know that there are seldom enough hours in the day to do everything. I spend 9 hours a day working and one additional hour explaining to clients why their work still did not get done ...

7. Daniel Mosquin

I guess the other person didn't have time, so I made the front-page posting.

Do note, though, 81044 -- entrance to the garden accompanying this event has switched from being free to "by donation" -- though one doesn't have to enter the garden for the sale.