Wanted in Vancouver: Bamboo

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by DianaW, Mar 29, 2009.

1. DianaW

DianaW Member

Looking for someone whom is willing to part with some bamboo, I am eyeing "black" but I do not mind any type. I will be potting it so small clumps are ideal. Offers? :)

Thanks
    -Diana

2. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

I take it that you are looking for people who want to get rid of clumps, and not people who have it for sale? If the latter, then I can recommend Tropic to Tropic Plants in Tsawassen, where Ray runs a very attractive operation.

3. DianaW

DianaW Member

Either way, I do not mind! I was going to check out the Hawaiian Tropicals nursery in Richmond, maybe I will swing by "Tropic to Tropic" since I have never been out there. Cheers for the heads up!

4. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

I think that Ray - a bus driver in his day job - is not always there, so call or e-mail him first. The other place does not have bamboo, as far as I know.

5. DianaW

DianaW Member

I emailed and she said they might have a couple black bamboo pots left (small, 6" or so). Reasonable price too, if they can find them. :) I will give Ray a call too. Thanks! :)