Thank you one and all!

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by Barbara Lloyd, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Barbara Lloyd

Barbara Lloyd Well-Known Member

To everyone that monitors this site - Thank you!
    I had a medical incident in mid January, I can't drive anymore and have been house bound since. My Daughter hires a G-maw sitter if she has to be gone for more than a hour or so and it's been very humiliating and frustrating to me. I, who used to be very independent, am no longer. Hopefully they will find out what's wrong and I will be released to fly free once again.
    In the meantime you all have been a solice and a lifeline for me to the gardening world. I contribute what small knowledge when and where I can and continue to learn from the rest of you. It's amazing the amount of knowledge from all over the world, the humor, the bantering back and forth, the kindness you all convey. Please keep it up. You never know who you will give solace to.
    barb

2. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

How well you expressed what I to feel about this site!
    With warm wishes from South Wales, may you soon return to your fit active self.

3. bob 2

bob 2 Active Member

First, get well soon and get gardening Barbara.

I am sure I speak for the majority of folks here when I say that we are all here to learn and to share ideas.
    We are just comming to the fun part of Northern gardening (spring) and like you, I can hardly wait to get out there and try some new ideas.

It's not often that someone takes the time to say thanks for the many helpful postings but I too join you in saying thanks to all of you who take the time to give us your wisdom and make us think and laugh and smile.

Regards

Bob

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I agree, there's a great bunch of people here.

I hope you're up and around as soon as is possible -- not only to spend time out in the garden, but to enjoy the upcoming tulip festival (assuming you like tulips!).

5. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Thanks for letting us know about what's happening with you, Barbara!

Yes, I feel that all of us here are friends. From all over the world we have found this forum, and are connected by our communal love of nature. I have learned much here: I have traveled to beautiful, exotic places; and I have met great people. Can you care about someone you know only from an online forum? Heck, YEAH!!!!

I am and will be thinking of you---hoping that you will get stronger and better every day. Please let us know how you are doing! My best wishes to you and your daughter...and wisdom to the doctors!

6. Barbara Lloyd

Barbara Lloyd Well-Known Member

Daniel,
    How could I not like Tulips. I live just over the hill from the Skagit "Tulip" Valley and their coming Festival! Not liking Tulips could possibly get me lynched in this area. :))

All of you ---- keep up the lessons, humor, gen. chatter and all! I see another Dr. Monday, more tests and I hope some answers. Not knowing, is the hardests part.

7. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

Barbara all the best from down under. I too feel your frustration. I am fairly restricted re my hip but at least I can still get out there and give orders to what I need done :) Take care
    Liz

8. jeanneaxler

jeanneaxler Active Member

Sending warm thought and wishes from Los Angeles.
    Here spring has arrived and I know how awful I would feel if I couldn't go out to play in the dirt.
    Get well soon.

9. Margaret

Margaret Active Member 10 Years

Hi Barb.
    How right you are - it is the waiting which is worse. Trust that you get answers soon so that you can start mending. I hope also that you can see your garden from a window and that someone has brought the outside inside for you in the form of plants and flowers.
    Very best wishes.
    Margaret