What's wrong with my Dracaena Lisa?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Plant Newbie, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Plant Newbie

Plant Newbie Active Member

Hi, I recently purchased a 5 ft Dracaena Lisa about a week ago. The plant was very rot bound so I repotted into a slightly larger pot. I also gave the plant some water after repotting.

I noticed that some of the smaller leaves have begun to turn yellow. Is this because of too much water? The repotting? Or too much light? The plant is in a south facing corner of my family room and receives bright indirect light.

Any help would be appreciated. Pics attached.

Thanks,
    Roanna

Attached Files:

2. Bluewing

Bluewing Well-Known Member

Could be the plant is slightly shocked from the environmental change (lower light from where it was before) & re-potting. Just needs a little time to adjust.
    Bright indirect is ok, although a little bit more, closer to the light/window might help the other lower ones remain green. The yellow ones should be taken off.

The "slightly larger pot" you used should just be one pot size larger then the old one. Soil should be well draining. Also, pot should have drain holes and allowed to pretty much dry between waterings.

3. Plant Newbie

Plant Newbie Active Member

Thank you for the suggestions! I removed all the yellowing leaves and I'll move the pot closer to the window. Hopefully no more leaves will turn yellow.

Thanks,
    Roanna