Identification: I did it again.....

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Shannon1979, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Shannon1979

Shannon1979 Active Member

Thats right, I did it again lol. I purchased a plant that I have NO idea how to take care of, because I have NO idea what it is (really have to stop doing this!!) Its lower leaves look like they're in a bit of trouble but hopefully I can figure out what it is and bring it back fully, I absolutely love the gorgeous pink leaves. Thanks so much for your help, yet again lol!!

Shannon

Attached Files:

2. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

it's a ti plant...can't think of the botanical name atm...cordilyne? not sure. google ti plant :)

3. Shannon1979

Thanks so much Joclyn! Very pretty plant, hopefully I can revive it :) Sounds like its just underwatered and not enough light causing the issues. Thats a hardware store for ya! Have to stay away from them, always end up with a mercy plant purchase lol

4. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

it's a gorgeous plant!! i had one, too. it likes consistent moisture and warmth and decent sunlight - miss any of those and it'll be a goner. also, should be in a well draining mix - cactus soil mixed with regular soil and some perlite, too. you want the mix to hold some moisture (in a consistant all-over manner) yet you want any excess to drain away. container should have drainage holes, also.

good luck with it!!

5. Shannon1979

Joclyn you've been a huge help, thank you so very much!