thiacloprid?

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by aesir22, Jan 16, 2009.

1. aesir22

aesir22 Active Member

Hi, I mentioned on my scale post I have this but worried it might be missed if people didn't follow the thread.

I purchased a product that has thiacloprid 0.150g/l. Is this safe to use on citrus, and do I need to wait a year before consuming fruit on the tree if it is used?

2. K Baron

K Baron Well-Known Member

3. aesir22

aesir22 Active Member

Lol that site made me more confused, though I think it said it present no danger. Don't know what to do lol I was planning on Gin and tonics with my limes and lemons lol

4. K Baron

Sorry, I hope that I didn't cause you worry! Are your citrus planted out of doors? The gin and tonic sounds like a great remedy...

5. aesir22

aesir22 Active Member

They are indoors for winter. The snow and frosts we get sometimes, they wouldn't survive outside. I am going to spray them tomorrow - all of my citrus are close to each other and can't afford for it to spread.

Was gonna use limes for my korona too :D

6. K Baron

I had scale this winter, and I solved it with applying rubbing alcohol to the scale, and gave it a shower of dish soap after two weeks... I have had no scale for two months...

7. StarLoc

StarLoc Active Member

I use the thiacloprid one sometimes by bayer, it works fine, its something like 2 weeks to a month before eating the fruit as it leaves the plant quickly, but neem oil works well as does limonene citrus oil in a water spray

8. aesir22

aesir22 Active Member

Hi Starloc thanks for the response. I was going to leave it til summer to play it safe...don't think the fruit will be mature for a while anyway :)