Very proud pond owner

Discussion in 'Garden Design and Plant Suggestions' started by kungfoogrip, Dec 11, 2008.

1. kungfoogrip

kungfoogrip Member

I am so excited to be a new pond owner! I think it turned out really well. Any Comments?

Attached Files:

2. Chungii V

Chungii V Active Member

NO.......
    Nah just kidding. Very nice looks like some effort has gone into that one. Nice little spot to sit back at the end of the day with a couple of beers! Got any plans for planting around it?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  3. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

It's beautiful. That's a lot of work. Did you construct it yourself?

4. bertoli55

bertoli55 Active Member 10 Years

Hi, it's a beautiful pond. Well done. I've just made a tiny pond for my tadpoles -it looks very sad in comparison to yours. You have every right to be really proud. Are you going to put in any fish or just wait for local frogs to make a home there?
    ciao bertoli

5. kungfoogrip

kungfoogrip Member

Yes, my girlfriend and I built it. I had some help from a buddy moving the big rocks. I have built a few others (I am a landscape contractor), but this if the forst one I have ever owned. We have 2 koi in there and 6 mixed species goldfish (sarrassa, shubunkin). They have been lining there happily since August. I do have a lot more work to do around the pond with planting and such but the big project is over and I enjoy it everytime I look outside.

6. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Very nice. I'm sure you'll get much enjoyment from it. However I think the fishes' days are numbered if you don't take precautions against birds and raccoons. Unfortunately protective measures tend to spoil the aesthetics of a pond.

7. kungfoogrip

kungfoogrip Member

I bulit a cave in the side using 8" Big-O drian pile that I installed after the liner and then covered in rocks. Plus when the pond plants were really growing over 1/3 of the surface was covered. I have birds that come bath in the waterfall too.

8. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Wow! What a creative and terrific pond! It's sooooo nice.

How would you like to grow a nulumbo nucifera (Lotus) in there? I've got seeds for white and pink varieties - cream and yellow are on their way! Send me a private message, if you are interested, and I'd be happy to mail you some seeds...

9. MickiS

MickiS Active Member

I really like the shape you made your pond.The rocks seem to fit so well...beautiful!

10. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

Some lilly pads would look good in the pond and your local frogs would enjoy them too!:)
    But your pond looks verry beautiful!!!!

11. Barbara LB

Barbara LB Member

Wow. It is beautiful. Congratulations!

12. Coastal

Coastal Active Member

That looks really good if thats your first water feature. I've seen many firsts and they dont turn out half as good as that. Looks like an aquascape or something similar setup? Once you get it planted it will look awesome.