Identification: Help identify this mushroom

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by bonevvv, Nov 8, 2008.

1. bonevvv

bonevvv Member

2. tlfouhar

tlfouhar Member

Did you do a spore print on this mushroom? It looks like it could belong in the Lepiota family, but it could also belong to the Amanita family.

3. bonevvv

bonevvv Member

I picked it up yesterday and today the sporeprint is ready. The picture is on a plastic CD cover placed on some white tissue, so its not so well done, but the sporeprint is definitely white to creamy.

Thanks for the help

Attached Files:

4. tlfouhar

tlfouhar Member

A white spore print, still can be in the Lepiota or Amanita Family. It has free gills, but so do the Lepiota and Amanita. Did you notice when this mushroom was coming up out of the dirt if it was enclosed in a universal veil so that it looked like an egg at first? I can't give you an better ID, but hopefully someone else can. Do you have any mushroom field guides that you can key it out?

5. bonevvv

bonevvv Member

I didn't notice it when it was coming out, but I suppose that if it was coming out in an egg it would have had a volva. I didn't see any signs of it on the bottom of the stem.
    Anyway, tnanks a lot for the help. I am new in this field but I am very much interested in mushrooms and I wanted to identify it. :)
    I bought some books but I am still waiting for them to arrive from Amazon.

Thanks

Georgy G.