Identification: ID 'ing these two.

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by primered53, May 1, 2005.

1. primered53

primered53 Member

Hi, I have just started to get interested in plants. Here are a couple of plants that I have and don't know the names or even their categories. Love to have info on these. They look like indoor plants, but someone left them outside.

Attached Files:

2. Brenn

Brenn Member

They're Dracaena deremensis 'Warneckii'.

3. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

they r Draceanas .. (SP) ??.. and they r a indoor plant ..u can dig them up and put them in a pot i have a smaller one of the first one u have and they r pretty i love the variegation of them .. how long have they been there for ??..

Marn

4. how long have they been there for ??..

Marn[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I am not really sure how long they have been here, but, I know over a year. They're roots were somewhat long and reaching, oh, about a 8" to a foot on the Right one, which is around 3ft tall. the other one's roots were maybe 6'' out, and that one is around 2 ft. I put them in pots yesterday. Also put my palm in a larger pot. I'm worried though for all of them b/c I'm worried the soil may be holding too much water. It's still moist. Thanks

5. primered53

primered53 Member

how long have they been there for ??..

Marn[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply. They have been out there for over a year. They're roots were fairly long and reachy, 4-6" smaller one; 6-10" tllaer one. The taller is around 3ft the smaller 2. I put them in pots yesterday. I am a little worried that the new soil is retaining too much water. It's still moist today. Thanks guys.

6. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

just dont water it for a while and let it dry out some between waterings and it likes morning sun .. it should do just fine ...im sure it will do better in a pot then in the ground ..

good luck with it

Marn