Identification: lichens. Who know what specie are those?

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by ariani, Sep 14, 2008.

1. ariani

ariani Active Member 10 Years

HEre are two photos of the lichens on the birch bark and on the highest 1500 meters above sea leavel in Southern part of Albania. There is very nice scenary there and a beautiful mediterraanean montanous forest. There I understood very well the botany and saw waht I have learned in school.

About lichens I have limited knowledge. What is the name of lichens that one which look like white spot?

Attached Files:

2. Harri Harmaja

Harri Harmaja Active Member 10 Years

3. ariani

thank you very much.
    I have so many photos about lichens and all kinds of lichenes that grow in Albania. If you have nterest please let me know.

thank
    you Arian

4. ariani

Hello Mr Harmaja!
    Can you help with any Identification manual in english about Lichens please. I Have years looking for it but I have not found yet.
    thank you

5. miss_myxomycete

miss_myxomycete Active Member 10 Years

Hi ariani, I know very little about lichens BUT I know people here in UK mention the books by Frank Dobson. Here's a link to an article by my wonderful botany tutor, June Chatfield, which has a book list at the bottom including Frank Dobson's books (I just googled his name & lichen & was very happily surprised to see this article). They are specifically for UK lichens though, so I don't know if this will help you?

Oops, forgot the link :

http://www.bna-naturalists.org/mags/aut-wintr03/lichens.html

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009