Identification: What kind of fruit tree?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by JKendall, Oct 15, 2008.

1. JKendall

JKendall Member

Hi all,

Just bought my first house, and not real sure what kind of fruit tree I have. It also does not look that well, so not sure if it is sick or not. There is one fruit on the tree that is a bit shriveled. Think it might be an orange or tangerine. The leaves are a bit dry looking and are curling, there are a few blossoms on the tree also. Have been watering it pretty consistently, I have heard that the deep watering is best, but my faucet in the backyard is working kinda weird, sometimes so slow or nothing comes out or too fast. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Photos attached.

Attached Files:

2. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

It looks like a lemon tree to me, and it's a bit dehydrated. Has it been very hot in Arizona lately? You're doing the right thing by watering, but see if you can go to your local garden store and pick up a watering spike....

3. kome

kome Active Member

It looks like Citrus grandis (Linn.) Osbeck, common name:Shaddocks、 Pummelo.

4. JKendall

JKendall Member

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah a bit hotter then normal and then some pretty cold days in between. So maybe going from 90 degrees to high 60s during the day is getting a bit crazy for it. Already planted 2 food spikes at the drip line, but will look into a watering spike also.

Lemon or Shaddock (first time hearing this type of fruit, sounds interesting!). Guess will find out sooner or later :)