ill plant

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by shlomit, Sep 27, 2008.

1. shlomit

shlomit Member

Hello,
    My plant is ill, its got strange white dots as can be seen in the picture. my English is not so good so i have no idea whats the general name for plants bugs.

I have tried to give it a stuff that contains Imidacloprid (as written on the box) but it doesn't help.
    I really want to save this plant as i love it so much.

does any of you can tell me please what is this bug?

thank you :)
    Shlomit

Attached Files:

• What.jpg
      What.jpg
      File size:
      121.7 KB
      Views:
  2. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

the white spots look like eggs to me. i've no idea what will hatch. the eggs could be for something that will do damage to the plant or the plant could be the host for some type of beneficial bug that lives in your area .

you may not want to remove the eggs until you know for sure what will come out of the eggs.

if you do want to remove them anyway, i'd use cotton swabs (cotton on sticks) dipped in rubbing alcohol and apply to the eggs - making sure to rub a bit to remove the eggs.

it's a pretty flower - what is the name of the plant??

oh, your english is very good!! no need to apologize for anything!!

3. shlomit

shlomit Member

thank you:)
    well this is being going on for a couple of months. nothing hatched.. i tried to remove it but it came back...
    the name of the plant - i agree, very beatiful is Pavonia Multiflora and here is a picture i took of a Healthy one.

Attached Files: