Hello to all.

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by keith from cork, Sep 15, 2008.

1. keith from cork

keith from cork Member

Hi,
    my name is Keith ,I live on the south coast of Ireland .
    I am 40 years old and live in the countryside with my wife and son.I am fairly new to gardening as I only moved to the countryside about four years ago and had to start a garden from an empty site.
    My garden is 200 foot long and 300 foot wide -so I have quite a lot of space to fill.
    I never did any sort of gardening up to that time so I am pretty inexperienced.To date I've planted nearly 300 plants ,including the ones in the rockeries I've made and the ones around the border.
    I'm an ex aircraft engine maintenance person -but I'm now retired due to an ongoing medical condition.
    This looks like a wonderful forum and I am looking forward to meeting you all.
    Kind regards from Ireland.

2. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

Welcome Keith from Cork.
    I'm sure you will find lots to interest you on these amazing forum. .People from all over the world can be found contributing

3. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Yes again welcome Keith, you will enjoy it here, very informative

Ed

4. keith from cork

keith from cork Member

Thank you for the warm welcome-As I mentioned,Iam new to gardening but find it the most amazing and rewarding hobby that I have ,also I am so looking forward to checking out this forum in detail at the weekend when I will have enough time.

5. Loulou

Loulou Member

Hello Keith
    Welcome to this very interesting site. I myself am retired and live in British Columbia in the temperate lower mainland where I think we have almost the same climate (maritime) as you in Ireland. Just signed on to this site a week ago myself and already have had a couple of trees identified by some other smarter gardeners. Your garden sounds large and very impressive with 300 plants!!! you have been busy.
    It would be lovely to see photos if you ever get the chance. Cheers.

Sou