Little plant I need ID'd

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by Barbara92021, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Barbara92021

Barbara92021 Active Member 10 Years

This plant was in a cacti dish I bought. I took it out and placed it in a bowl that I put some other plants (some cacti) in. The little piece fell off the main plant and I just put it in the dirt beside the main one. It seems to be doing OK. Well, it hasn't died! Can I please get the name of this plant.

Attached Files:

2. MamaMac

MamaMac Active Member

Sedum morganianum I believe.

3. Cereusly Steve

Cereusly Steve Active Member

A shriveled Pachyveria hybrid.

4. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

c'mon, steve!!! it's not shriveled at all!!!

it's a broken off piece that's being rooted. did you even take the time to enlarge the pic to really get a good look at it???

WHY do you have to be so negative???

barb, i'm not sure of the id...i can say it should root just fine and it's not shriveled at all.

5. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

I have to agree that it does look bit wrinkled, whatever it is. However, being a succulent it should be able to plump back up.

6. wild-rose-43

wild-rose-43 Active Member

I tend to agree with MamaMac, a small start from a Donkey Tail...aka...Burro's Tail...aka...Lamb's Tail, Sedum morganianum.

7. Cereusly Steve

Cereusly Steve Active Member

No, the leaves are too broad and too flattened to be Sedum morganianum. Also the plant appears to be a shriveled upright grower not creeping or pendant.

Looks more like a Pachyveria hybrid.

It will plump up and reveal its true identity once it is watered.

8. Barbara92021

Barbara92021 Active Member 10 Years

MamaMac: Thanks bunches for your reply. I will water it more often over the next few weeks and see if I can plump it up enuf to get a proper ID. I went to high school in Wetaskiwin - have friends who are still in Millet.

joclyn: Thanks for your words re: Steve's reply! It is nice to hear someone else voice my thots. I like Steve's quick and obvious smart answers to my posts but I do feel like I'm in his bad books alot! Smile Steve - I can't believe you are that "cereus"!

Also, the bigger one isn't shriveled. The stem is looking kinda weird but the top of it is plump and it is growing up and over a couple of rocks. The little one is about 1/4" tall - that's all.

Ron B: Thanks Ron! I can't wait to "plump" it up and get a pic of the "new" whatever-it-is!! LOL

wild-rose-43: I read about those plants you mention. They sure are giving me the bug to grow more succulents.

Well, all, shall be fun to get this teeny-weeny plant growing and getting well enuf to have its pic taken again. Hopefully, it will be enuf to get a positive ID!!