Yellowing leaves

Discussion in 'Orchidaceae (orchids)' started by sainclara, Aug 20, 2008.

1. sainclara

sainclara Member

Hey all!! I have had the leaves of one of my phals and dends turn yellow. I grow them indoors, about 2 feet away from the wonderlite for the dendrobium, and about 4 feet away for the phal. Other orchids around the vicinity are NOT affected, just those two plants.
    Anyone who grows orchids under the wonderlite??

Attached Files:

2. natureman

natureman Active Member

This may be of some help:
    copied from Orchids.Com Support FAQs

3. sainclara

sainclara Member

Well, on the dendrobium I have lost a LOT of the leaves, maybe 4 or 5 in a period of 3 weeks!! All on the same stalk... whereas the newer stalk's leaves are still green and healthy. Yea, I guess that can be considered the back bulb since I've had that for a while!! (I'm still new to this!! Dunno if it can be considered a back bulb!)
    And as for the phal, it has actually been in bloom for the last 3 weeks now, and while the flowers look great, I have lost 2 of the older leaves in a month. And the only new leaf left looks healthy. So could it be that I need to give it some superthrive maybe??

4. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

If your plants are not too hot, too cold, not getting too much or too little light, fertilizer, or moisture, are pest-and disease-free---I wouldn't worry too much. If it's older, lower leaves and the new growth looks healthy, your plants should be OK.