Tomatoe Sucking Bug

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by Dodie1128, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Dodie1128

Dodie1128 Member

This is the first time we have been on this site. My husband and I have a garden and these bugs are eating our tomatoes. Can anyone identify them and tell us how to rid our tomatoe plants of them. Please see attached photo.

Thank you for any imput.

Attached Files:

2. Sarosh

Sarosh Active Member

eww.. they r so creepy and spider looking.... and not to mention, so many !!!
    aww Im so sorry for ur Tomatos...

3. nightowl22366

nightowl22366 Member

Around here we call them Stink Bugs - there's a zillion different kinds of them around here (okay, maybe only a million...), but I suppose if you swat them and they stink, they get named that.

4. punkin patch

punkin patch Member

every day, actually twice a day I go out and pick the beetles off my corn, and the squash bugs off my pumpkins. If you keep up with it, you'll find that no significant damage will be done to the plants and some days you won't even have any bugs to pick. I have not lost one fruit so far, knock on wood....

Jeff

5. donhoe

donhoe Member

I found some squash bug eliminator on Google at a place called mr. malcolm's that gets rid of them in a flash. I've used it on eggs and adults and it stops them in their tracks. I've tried neem oil and some of the other home cures but they always come back. This stuff leaves no aftertaste and is not a pesticide, which I like.