How to post a question on a forum

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Pat Sutton, Jul 2, 2008.

1. There does not appear to be a post button on the forum I was in. I got a message I don't have permission to take part when I tried to create a new thread. I was logged in. Do I need to register for each forum?

2. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

No. Once you register you can post questions in any forum. On the right side of this screen you will see FORUMS HOME. click this and scroll down to see all the different forums .At the start of a couple, are threads that Daniel Mosquin has put on to guide /help new members.
    Stumpers, is the only one you cannot start a thread as a new member. You can however have a go at answering!!! Hope this helps.

3. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Try refreshing your browser cache.

4. Raakel

Raakel Active Member

Sorry I can't help you with this one. Daniel is on vacation now, otherwise I am sure that he would help. Hopefully the above suggestions worked for you.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Stumpers isn't the only forum with limited posting privileges - there are a few others, like Photographs from UBC Botanical Garden. If in doubt, post to the Hortboard and it will be moved for you to an appropriate forum.

From Dawson City, Yukon... DM