A "sneak peek"

Discussion in 'Talk about UBC Botanical Garden' started by Daniel Mosquin, May 21, 2008.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I imagine something official will be passed along to me soon to post, but I thought local folks and potential garden visitors might be interested in this...

Greenheart Canopy Walkway

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

I assume all or part is going into previously undeveloped section of area designated as Lam Garden. Otherwise, canopy studies mentioned will not be possible. There would be no point in studying the canopy of the garden, it wouldn't represent a native forest system.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Yes, the far end of the Asian Garden, where there are a few cultivated plants.

4. chuckrkc

chuckrkc Active Member

It looks like a lot of fun, Daniel. It will be a great draw.

5. silver_creek

silver_creek Active Member

Any idea when it will be open to garden visitors?

6. dmorishita

dmorishita Member

I saw the construction of this walkway and look forward to returning after it is completed.

7. Daniel Mosquin

Should be open soon - official opening will be in early September, though.

8. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

A lot of us won't be there to study the canopy as much as for the experience and the guided tour. I thought it was great fun and look forward to going again and having another look at the coffin trees (Taiwania Cryptomerioides) as I pass by to see if I can be the first to spot any dimorphism. Not much chance of my being first, though - I think those trees are getting a lot of attention lately. They're not pictured here - I was too busy hanging on to the ropes as we walked past them to get a photo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008