spring pictures

Discussion in 'Maples' started by PoorOwner, Jun 15, 2008.

1. PoorOwner

PoorOwner Active Member 10 Years

I am late but took some pictures with my better camera couple months ago to share with you guys. :)

Any questions please feel free to ask...

Attached Files:

2. alex66

alex66 Rising Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

with compliments for your maples and magnolia!

3. nelran

nelran Active Member

PoorOwner,

for me one thing is true... you're not a "poor owner" (at least not with that wonderful and nice japanese maples!) Excellent pics. I like the nice leaves of your Tsuma Gaki and purple ghost, but ALL of them look spectacular. You are doing an excellent job caring these babies.

Nelran

4. tran383

tran383 Member

PoorOwner,

Those are great shots! Do you happen to have a full shot of your entire garden? I would love to see how you've placed them because I really like your color scheme. Are most of them in the ground or some in containers? Thanks.

5. PoorOwner

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have a good shot of the garden this year. There was some patio construction and I happen to have a few crowded together for the pictures. I have a few in the ground and but many are in containers.

As for color scheme if there are a few different maples put together will pretty much look really nice in spring time.

I came up with a long term goal with one generic green maple and also Katsura both are vigorous growers to grow against the background/fence and provide some shade for the rest of the maples eventually. This idea came from Japanese gardens I have visited. They have grown about 1-2 feet a year.

6. PoorOwner

Summer Pictures

This week I added a simple shade cloth structure and a mist system, hopefully to reduce leaf burn this year.

Also a view of most of the trees in their summer colors. The garden is under construction, but my priority is to keep the plants alive in the summer heat.

Attached Files:

7. kaspian

kaspian Active Member 10 Years

That looks quite nice. Your place will be so lovely once everything is established.