what is wrong with these grape leaves

Discussion in 'Grapes and Grape Vines' started by charles kuchar, May 28, 2008.

1. charles kuchar

charles kuchar Member

The catawba vines and concords that i planted two years ago are having the leaves curled up. some of the leaves are ok and i did put some phosphate around them last year (i think that is the middle number on 6-22-12 fertilizer that i used on them.) the niagra vines are not curling and a wine grape from Kansas City that i got cuttings from are not curling also. there don't appear to be bad spots on the leaf, just curled up. we have had rain every day for a week now and maybe they just need some sun? here are the pictures. thank you. charlie

Attached Files:

2. Ralph Walton

Ralph Walton Active Member 10 Years

Any Roundup (glyphosate) used in the area? The effects of drift can be quite variable and spotty (one plant damaged and the one next to it OK).

Ralph

3. charles kuchar

charles kuchar Member

no roundup used this year on my garden. we are about 1/2 mile away from corn and bean fields but it is a little early for them to be spraying roundup. i did notice this last year on my catawba vine that was first planted 4 years ago and i did notice curling leaves on the redbud tree. i have been watching those leaves this spring but don't notice any curling yet. thank you for your suggestion. charlie

4. charles kuchar

charles kuchar Member

the larger leaves are finally opening up.

they still have a little curl to them and the smaller leaves are still curled up. some of the identical catawba vines are leafed normally... still mystified as to what nutrient is needed or whatever. charlie