Purple Peony

Discussion in 'Flower Mandalas Project' started by dbookbinder, Jan 15, 2005.

1. dbookbinder

dbookbinder Active Member 10 Years

Suggestions for a complementary quote, a word that these mandala images evoke, or some history or other information about the flower itself are most welcome, as are corrections to my flower identification if I've got it wrong and any other comments you'd care to make.

I'd also appreciate identification of the specific cultivar, if applicable.

Thanks,
    - David
    © 2004, David J. Bookbinder

Attached Files:

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

I really like this colour. These images says "passion" to me.

3. douglas

douglas Active Member 10 Years

Great Pics

Acording to Folk Medicine ( Old Wives Tales/ No offence meant)

Here are some
    The roots are used to treat

Atopic eczema/boils and sores/ reduce fever/ treat burns/ clense liver/ anticlotting for blood/ and to induce infertillity/ also acts has antibacterial properties.

Just a general over view as different types have different purposes. The white being the most dominate.

Regards Doug

4. dbookbinder

Thanks, I like the "passion" association (and it appears that there is also at least some medicinal correlation). Do any words of wisdom about passion, from the ages or elsewhere, come to mind when you look at these images?

More anon,
    David

5. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hmm...words of wisdom? I don't consider myself wise, but looking at the series again I see the progression of passion through the stages of human life. The first image shows the bright yellow spark of the soul surrounded by the emerging passion for life, the second shows the teen to young adult consumed with fresh passion for life, the third shows the balance of the life-spark to a richly developed sense of passion found in people in their working years, the last shows the developed life-spark symbolized in the ellaborate golden centre "star" surrounded by subdued yet deeply developed passion of maturity.

6. dbookbinder

Thanks!

Thanks for your thoughtful reflections. I like the idea of these images reflecting the stages of passion as they evolve over the course of a lifetime. Perhaps you underestimate your penchant for wisdom.

- David

7. dbookbinder

Thanks!

Thanks for your thoughtful reflections. I like the idea of these images reflecting the stages of passion as they evolve over the course of a lifetime. Perhaps you underestimate your penchant for wisdom.

- David

8. ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Member

purple evocative

in mexico and greece it is the color of death
    elsewhere a color of religion, aristocracy or soothing spirituality...and passion.

either way purple is vibrant and evokes STRONG emotions when it evokes at all.