Hoya Bella Plant/Cuttings

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Shoiley, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Shoiley

Shoiley Member

Does anyone know where I can get a hoya bella plant or cuttings? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Thanks!

2. newbieplantlover

newbieplantlover Active Member

There is a place called Pike Lake Greenhouses that is in SK that ships wonderful big plants. I have an order with him for a number of different hoyas. If you PM me I can pass along his number if you like.

3. Shoiley

Shoiley Member

Is the contact person's name Tom? I have seen some reference to him on some other forums, with great reviews. How much does a hoya go for and how big are the pots? Given the amount of years I have been looking for one I will probably order anyway! How many types of hoyas do you have??

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Various cultivars of hoya, plain and variegated, are periodically available around Vancouver. I remember seeing three different variegated ones at a store one recent summer.

5. newbieplantlover

Yes his name is Tom. The price depends on how many plants you order. We are ordering 8 so they are $15 each, this includes all shipping costs. All the plants we ordered from him last year were AWSOME! Big and full and very healthy, my friend ordered a bella last year and it was enormous. Most of what he sends have peduncles on them already and my lacunosa even had buds. I HIGHLY recommend him.

Right now I have 12 different kinds of hoya. I also have 7 more on their way! Very excited about the ones coming!

6. Shoiley

Shoiley Member

I will call Tom when I get a chance. Does he have a catalogue of the types of plants he carries? I am so happy to find a source. Seems like the only hoyas stores have around here is the carnosa. I'm guessing this could start being addictive! LOL

7. newbieplantlover

Oh I am VERY addicted. I have 3 different orders out for hoyas right now. One is coming from Hawaii, one from Tom, and my big one from Australia.

He has a catalogue of sorts, if you call him he will either fax it or mail it. He's not online so he doesnt have email. He's got quite a range of plants. Last year we ordered quite a few hoyas, as well as a stephanotis and a chinese rice plant.

8. Shoiley

Shoiley Member

Thanks Junglekeeper, I have been looking for quite some time now and the places I frequent seem to only carry carnosa.

9. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

You are right; I did not read your post carefully enough. The ones I saw were likely H. carnosa. H. bella has smaller and more lanceolate leaves. (Is that correct?) I spotted a number of the former earlier along with one H. kerrii.

10. dkrose73

dkrose73 Member

Hi, I'm new here but have been looking to buy a Hoya Bella for quite some time. I had one years ago that was huge but died when I had to move. I had to store all my plants in my dad's garage/storage shed during the winter, where he wouldn't let me turn the heat up. Anyway, I was wondering how I might contact this Tom to place an order?

11. Chester

Chester Active Member 10 Years

Pike Lake Greenhouses in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.