Identification: Dark Green Marks on Leaves

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Eric La Fountaine, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

The following was received via email:

I was given a very nice plant 4 weeks ago and I can't figure out what it needs. It keeps drooping. The leaves are green top with dark green marks on top and purple on the bottom of the leaves. Please help me if you can.
    Thank you
    April

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi April, more information may be necessary to id your plant, but I'll make a guess. Based on your description it may be some type of Maranta

3. herr42000

herr42000 Member

thank you

thank you so much that is the plant!

4. Marcrstna

Marcrstna Member

I have a plant that sort of resembles that description

Is mine the same as yours? I was about to post a question asking for help in identifying my plant, but I read your message first. Here's a picture of mine. Think it's the same one? -Cris

Attached Files:

5. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

yes yours is the same one .. except yours looks variegated .. it is called a prayer plant .. Maranta .. i have a small one like that and they r so pretty .. and I also have a red veined one that is blooming and the flowers are so pretty .. on the regular prayer plants the flowers are white .. but on the red viened one the flowers are white with purple throats .. they r soooo pretty .. I can wait for the variegated one to bloom and see what they look like ..

Marn