help with my banna plant? Musa Basjoo is it dropping? check pics

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by parkeey, Apr 10, 2008.

1. parkeey

parkeey Active Member

I have just recieved this through the post, so it may be a bit droppy cos of this, but its been in a pot for 4 days now.what do u think, i have potted it in manure compost? the leaves do look a bit droppy though.. am i doing anything wrong..???

i left it outside tday in the sun, got home and it looks even worse, the leaves r wilting now and im not sure what im doing wrong.. i changed the soil to finer compost, it looks like it might die, helpp??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  2. parkeey

parkeey Active Member

do these prefer shade or sun then??

3. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Give a bit more water and it will perk up again. It will take full sun...

Ed

4. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

Early in the season, these will exibit a shock if not conditioned to the outdoors. You may loose these drooping leaves, but this fast grower will send plenty of new ones to replace them. During shipping, how long where they in transit?

Cheers, LPN.

5. parkeey

parkeey Active Member

ok it was posted so maybe only day or 2, but i had to repot it as i thought that was the problem, so prob made it worse, its still looking droppy, if it carries on shall i cut it at the bottom, so new shoots can come up? ive also got it in my conservatory in a pot, do u think i should put it outside in a shelted spot? cheers

6. bullseye

bullseye Active Member

What kind of soil have you got it in? Just make sure it's potting mix soil, and be sure to add some tranplant food to the soil when you repot.

I have 2 of those I bought last month, they came with 2 leaves, and now have over 6 with new ones every 2 weeks. I have also been adding N fertilizer every 2 weeks, and they seem to like it, along with water.

Get them out of the Terracota pot and use a plastic one. As you can see from the outside of the pot, the pot is taking in all the water and the salt residue is forming on the outside.

7. parkeey

parkeey Active Member

yep i did repot it in plastic one with potting soil, it doesnt seem to have grown at all, i think its still in shock and just settling, do i have to water every day then?? im not sure when to put it outisde with all this rain were hvaing at the moment... i will ferterlize asap.

8. parkeey

parkeey Active Member

i planted my musa basjoo from a bag of ordinary compost , is this wrong thing to do and maybe why it hasnt been doing well.............?? not sure wether to just leave it or repot or take it outsie, help plz

9. Tom24

Tom24 Active Member

You might try Super Thrieve they sell it at Walmart for 8.00 It works awesome For transplant shock I use it on all my plants right after I transplant them.
    Hope This Helps.

Tom24

10. parkeey

parkeey Active Member