passion fruit

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Margaret, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Margaret

Margaret Active Member 10 Years

I have what look to be 2 fruits on my passion fruit plant. It bloomed very well this year after taking a year to establish itself and there may be further fruits which I have yet to discover. What are my chances of the fruit maturing on the Sunshine Coast of BC? My second crop of figs is also doing well so perhaps it has just been a "good year"!
    Thanks for any feedback.
    Margaret

2. D King

D King Member

Last year (second year), I got lots of flowers, but no fruit. The vine is quite tangled. I probably should have pruned it, but I was enjoying the flowers so much - covered the side of the garage.

3. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

So long as it stays fairly sunny, which it should, you have a great chance of getting mature fruit from your vine, Margaret. Do you know which variety you're growing?

DKing - tangled isn't so much a problem as lack of pollinators.

4. D King

D King Member

If I need another plant for pollination, can I start another plant from a cutting?

5. D King

D King Member

Passion fruit pollination

If I need another plant for pollination, can I start another plant from a cutting?

6. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

I never did; the carpenter bees just pollinated from within my vine. But then again, my neigbors also had vines.

I'd start another from a cutting just to be safe.