Garden Centres in Langley BC

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by Lynnedq, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Lynnedq

Lynnedq Member

We're planning a daytrip to Langley from Vancouver and would like to visit a really good garden centre to shop for shrubs, perennials, possibly a tree. Is Cedar Rim worthwhile, and are there any recommendations? Thanks.

2. growest

growest Active Member 10 Years

Hi Lynne--don't want to sound like I'm advertising for anybody...definitely Cedar Rim is very large and lots of selection. One of the better garden centres...they will likely have whatever you're looking for, all at one location.

If you had time and the interest, I also love Rain Forest Nursery, 1470 227St. (just south of 16Avenue)...they have one of the best selections of unusual things anywhere in the Lower Mainland.

3. KarinL

KarinL Well-Known Member 10 Years

When in Langley I always try to get to Free Spirit Nursery. Plan to stay at least an hour, maybe 2. Cedar Rim, also huge and well worth a long visit - had mostly larger stock the one time I've been there in the fall. Petals 'n' Butterflies down near 0 Ave is also worth a visit, although small (a home based nursery). Those plus Rain Forest, which I can also recommend, make a full day... and a full car :-)

4. Lynnedq

Lynnedq Member

Thanks for the tips. We spent some time at (huge!) Cedar Rim Nursery- - a great selection of large trees and rhodos. We then took the Albion Ferry across the river and visited Triple Tree Nurseryland - compact but lots of variety, attractively displayed, with very helpful staff. Great if you're looking for inspiration. Thanks again for the suggestions.

5. KarinL

KarinL Well-Known Member 10 Years

If you were going across the river I would have recommended Amsterdam Nursery, but perhaps there will be a next time! I find Triple Tree expensive, though they carry bigger stock than most places and do get some great stuff.