Anthurium plowmanii. Looking for leaf blade variations.

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by photopro, Feb 14, 2008.

1. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

Do any of you have good photos of Anthurium plowmanii? I just finished the page on this species and got good photos from both Enid Offolter at Natural Selections Exotics in Fort Lauderdale and LariAnn Garner of Aroidia Research in Miami but since there are so many variations in this plant I'd love to have a few more good ones to add to the page to illustrate variation. My specimen came directly from Dr. Tom Croat at the Missouri Botanical Garden and is verified but it is also still young. My guess would be around 2 years old and it hasn't fully filled out as Anthurium plowmanii is known to do. According to Dr. Croat's scientific treatment the plant produces leaves close to 2 meters (over 6 feet) in nature.

Here's the link to the new page, but if you've got good photos, especially of a spathe and spadix, I'd really like to be able to add them. You can post them here and specify I have your permission to use them or send them directly to my email address which can be found at the bottom of the homepage of my website. I will need your name so I can add a credit to your photo.

Thanks!

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Anthurium plowmanii pc.html

2. idlehand

idlehand Member

i'll take one shot of my collection..

in indonesia, it's already dark outside. i'll try tomorrow morning.

---

should i give you the normal one or i can give you variegated plowmanii?it has golden splash in every blade..fantastic..

all of them now has spathe and spadix..

Thanks

3. idlehand

idlehand Member

oh i forget..

i had seen one with almost 2 meter blade

Thanks

4. photopro

I'm especially interested in the green forms found in nature. Photos of the spathe and spadix, espcially if they are producing berries, would be great! My main interest is to see some of the various leaf forms known to be produced by this species. However, all have the wavy edges on the plant. Be sure and email your name to me so I can add it to the photo as a credit.

Thanks!

5. idlehand

idlehand Member

in my country, they gave pop name to distinct each variations of blade..

for example: king's fan (the blade is extremely wide and oval), giant (the wave of the edges looks like big wave), horn (the blade forms curve), quality no 1 (the blade is thick,not elastic), super curly (it has curly like waves)..and so on..

Thanks

6. idlehand

idlehand Member

this is one of my collection..they call it 'dragon tounge' because it has blade's tip like snake tounge..

[​IMG]

it has no spadix or spathe, the age still young.

Thanks

7. photopro

I'd like to use this photo to illustrate an intermediate size. Can you send me a private email and give me the name you wish to use with the credit? My email address can be found my clicking on the link beneath my name below. Scroll to near the bottom of the page. You'll find the address there.

Thanks!

8. idlehand

idlehand Member

done,Mr Steve..

i saw plowmanii photos at your website. in indonesia, we call that type of blade with 'brazilian wave'.

Thanks

9. photopro

10. idlehand

idlehand Member

still need another one, Mr?

Thanks

11. photopro

I would like to use a photo of your large plant.