Lily

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by lkdjflk, Jan 12, 2008.

1. lkdjflk

lkdjflk Member

I live in Nth Qld Gulf country, found this lily last year and have successfully grown it in a pot. It is deciduous, flowers and seeds in the wet season. Would like to know the name of this lily (if it is that) and how common it is. Cheers, Peter.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Some kind of arum family plant.

3. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

G'day Peter.
    This plant is an aroid, you might have better luck if you move the post to that area. Mick from Tully will more than likely know.
    Have you been washed out up there yet, mate?

Ed

4. lkdjflk

lkdjflk Member

Thanks Ed,

Move the post to this area......is that within this site? Could not find any helpful sites here in oz and know that this site has a lot of exposure. Yep, water logged but the norn for this time of the year I guess, looks like the wet is heading your way as well. cheers peter

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

(thread moved)

6. trikus

trikus Active Member

Peter , gidday mate , are you up near Cooktown ? It looks to be a Typhonium species , a lady I know who is in Cooktown now collected a species similar to this .
    I also saw some collected from around Gove . I never got a firm id from the experts but it could be T. angustilobum F. Muell .

7. trikus

trikus Active Member

8. lkdjflk

lkdjflk Member

Thanks Michael,
    I am about 360ks west of Cairns, half way between Cairns and Karumba. Think you are right, found that T angustilobum was colected in the coen area...so may be! could not find any photos though.
    Cheers peter

9. raymikematt

raymikematt Active Member

Nice find! I love seeing native Australian aroids. Most of what you see on these forums are either South American or Asian so its a nice change.
    Michael...do you happen to have any images of an native Australian Monsteroids? The only one I think of that Ive seen you post is R. pachyphylla which is relatively common in cult. even here in the USA. but what about some of the others?