Guernsey Cultivars

Discussion in 'Vines and Climbers' started by Garrick, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Garrick

Garrick Member

Hello

I'm just new here, and have been growing Clematis vines for just under 3 years now. I have 28, in 26 different varieties, and by doing what I'm told, I've had much better sucess that expected. All have bloomed, some better than anyone said they would. Most are on an east exposure, which helps, and I have a few neighbours helping out as well.

Since I am so lucky, I thought I might try some of the more exotic Guernsey cultivars. I spent some months looking for them locally, and couldn't find a nursery that has them.

If you haven't seen them, you must check them out.
    http://www.guernsey-clematis.com/cultivar.asp?letter=O

I know they are available in limited quantities, and would appreciate any information on where I might try.

Thank you
    Garrick

2. 4moreaction

4moreaction Member

3. growest

growest Active Member 10 Years

Hi Garrick--a belated reply of sorts...!

I've actually seen quite a good selection of Ray Evison's cultivars somewhere in the area, but with my habit of dropping in on any nursery that I pass by, darned if I can remember where they were. Thus, my hesitant response.

Anyway, I'm going to guess that Gary at Phoenix Perennials will have as many as anyone in the area. They are closed till Hellebore days in late Feb, but you wouldn't want to be planting a clematis today anyhow...even in balmy White Rock.

4. Garrick

Garrick Member

Thanks Growest

Pheonix Perrenials did have some, mainly one in particular, I was looking for. They were concerned about me planting out in mid-March, but I convinced them. I'll get my flowers later, but now have them in place. Pheonix does has some very unusual/exotic plants. I'm tempted to try something else besides clematis now.

Garrick