Starting Tropical Fruits

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by kibian, Jan 3, 2008.

1. kibian

kibian Member

Hi all,

I would like to plant several tropical fruits this spring or as soon as possible. How do I go about doing so? I'm not sure if I can but the fruit and used the seed (s) just like that or do I need to get specially treated seeds or young plants? If so, where may I obtain these items? I'm intrested in growing: pineapple, avacado, fig, guava, mango, lemon & lime.

2. Terris

Terris Member

Re: Updated: How to post a message

I got all of these plants from Home Depot on their web-site. Check to see if they ship to your area. You can germinate seeds by putting them in a wet paper towel, placing that in a plastic baggie then keeping it in a dark area until the seeds sprout. Just plant the seedlings inside for awhile until they get a good start. Hope this is a help to you, Terris

3. James D.

James D. Active Member

You can also try garden centres and Florist for information. We sell lots of citrus and other fruit trees in the shop that i work in.

4. paladin16

paladin16 Member

I got my lemon tree from a plant seed, bulb, and tree Catalog. In in it had dwarf lemon, lime, tangerine, orange, and banana trees. All of these could live indoors! Most of the catalogs I've seen in the last months sell the exact same stuff. You can probably find Burgess company online. Thats the company I ordered from.