Trades.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by booboy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. booboy

booboy Member

If anyone is interested in bamboo I have about 20 varieties. I would trade for any hardy tropicals.

2. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

How'd your move go?
    I should see what you have although I really don't need anymore bamboo. I'm trying to scale down on what I have now. We can compare notes this spring perhaps.
    P.S. this thread could get bumped to the "Trading Plants" section.

Cheers, LPN.

3. booboy

booboy Member

Hi Barry, We are renting next to where we are building. Our house is just at the drywall stage now. Hard to say when we will actually be in. Sometime in March I imagine. I have a huge berm along the front lot line that is over 100` wide. I think I want to do the whole thing tropicalesque. With some bamboo also. Im thinking of lots of big leaf stuff with some Euks thrown in. I know I will have to be patient because I cant really afford to do the whole thing with large speciments. Im looking for more bannanas as I only have one large clump in a whisky barrel. I am also looking for the largest/ brightest cannas I can get my hands on. Any other ideas? I dont know much about tropicals. My focus has been bamboo for the last 5 years but im looking to broaden my plant horizons. I have those few Euks I bought from you and they have put on a fair bit of growth already. If you want to trade anything I have . P. Bisettii, P. Aureosulcata, P. Aureosulcata aureocalis, P, Aureosulcata Alata, P. Nigra, P. Dulcis, P. Vivax and Vivax Aureocaulis, Plieoblastus Viridistriatus, Sasa Palmata, Sasa Vietchii, Semiarundinaria Fastuosa, Hibanobambusa Tranquillans Shiroshima, P. Edulis 'moso', Semiarundinaria yashadake Kimmei, P. Nigra Megurochiku,

I think thats it. Perhaps a few others. Let me know if you`re interested in any.

Take care,

Morris

4. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

Morris ... we'll get together this spring and I'm sure we can work something out. I'd like to see your new place too.

Cheers, LPN (Barrie)

5. booboy

booboy Member

sounds good.

6. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I don't mind if a trading plants thread occurs in a specific forum as opposed to the generic trading plants forum, as long as it is topical.