Congratulations Daniel and Friends!!!

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by lhuget, Jan 4, 2008.

1. lhuget

lhuget Active Member

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Thanks, Les. I'm glad that Steve addressed what I was trying to emphasize in the interview - the contributions of the many great people on here!

3. Weekend Gardener

Weekend Gardener Active Member 10 Years

Congratulations!!

I agree with Les. It's about time the Vancouverites and British Columbians realise what a precious jewel this is that is coming from their very own backyard.

Steve did an excellent write up too - kudos to him.

4. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

My congratulations too. I have learned so much of things I thought I knew. Great freewheeling place with lots of good advice and ideas and people who have loads of knowledge. I am still stumped many times by weather and climate north of the equator but I am learning.

Liz

5. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

That's OK Liz ... we're stumped by your weather south of the equator too.
    Daniel, I did see that peice too in the Vancouver Sun and a nice one at that!

Cheers, LPN (Barrie).

6. KarinL

KarinL Well-Known Member 10 Years

The forum is really doing well and has what might be deemed the perfect format - lots of knowledgeable participants who come in regularly, excellent search-engine accessibility so that people with questions often find it, an excellent format, and oversight that is both technologically and horticulturally correct. For the latter reason, answers received here can be taken with more confidence than on most other forums. Not that there isn't room for improvement, but a welcoming attitude toward critique suggests that that room will be utilized. All very much to your credit, Daniel, and I'm glad to have gotten a better idea from the article of who you are and how the site came to be.

Ironically, answers received here can be taken with more confidence than those given by Whysall himself in his Q&A segment in the Sun - funny, I was just thinking last week that he would do better to refer people here given the uneven quality of his responses - good if it hits on his interests, awful if it doesn't tally with his knowledge base or attitude. I suppose we'd all be the same if we had sole responsibility for answering all comers. But I find that same uneven quality applies to his writing overall, and the quality of his article on the forum was a lucky strike. He really only provides good coverage if he likes his topic.

7. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

Daniel, congratulations is most certainly deserved, and a thank you for your dedication, knowledge, and love of nature. After reading the article, I went to Beausejour, Manitoba via Google Earth and spent 20 minutes visiting the area. Nice town to grow up in. Your job is a vocation that benefits people world wide with the pleasure and knowledge of nature. That is a heritage that few people can claim - well done. - Millet

8. flytrap

flytrap Active Member

Yes, congrats and Happy New Years!

and ...Now we know how you look like too ;-)

9. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

good stuff, nice to see the site and the staff getting recognized for their hard work. :)

10. alex66

alex66 Rising Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

bravooo!!!! clap,clap,clap......

11. mchammer

mchammer Member

Yes, congratulations Daniel, this site is a great resource. I attended a wedding in Beausejour a couple years ago, my wife's family is from Tyndall.