Betsy Clebsch

Discussion in 'Annuals, Biennials, Perennials, Ferns and Bulbs' started by pccrozat, Jan 4, 2008.

1. pccrozat

pccrozat Member

I am looking for a really good book on sages. I liked the B Clebsch "book of salvias" (that i borrowed) and I would like to know if I should buy that book, or the "New The New Book of Salvias" from the same author, or something else?

thank you

Pierre

2. lhuget

lhuget Active Member

Bon jour Pierre. I found "Sage: The Genus Salvia" by Spiridon E. Kintzios on the internet. I haven't read it but from the preview on the internet it looks pretty comprehensive. Please keep us posted if you get it. Thanks.

Les
    A Herbie

3. krystle

krystle Member

Pierre,

Betsy's second book is better than her first one. The Kintzios book is expensive, and is only really for people interested in the medicinal properties of Eurasian Salvias. There will hopefully be a new French publication this year by Christian Froissart, which will be very comprehensive, and with hundreds of pictures. Also there is "The Gardener's Guide to Growing Salvias" by John Sutton.

4. pccrozat

pccrozat Member

hello and thank you for the information.

The name of Froissard was mentionned a few times. I have never heard about him and I am looking forward to that publication.

thanks again

pierre