Anthurium and Ebay

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by rumahpohon, Nov 27, 2007.

1. rumahpohon

rumahpohon Member

Hello,

I have buy some planting Via Ebay.
    The sender have sent the goods to Indonesia, but it was stopped by Post Office Man as its illegal way to send without Import Permit from the Ministry and without Phyto Certificate from the goods's countries.
    They advice me to send back the goods to the sender, so I just agree because dont have other better way. The sender agree to give back some hundreds dollar when they have got the goods back, but other problems come... when the goods send back maybe have problems in customs to the sender's countries as its from oversea. The goods maybe can lost!
    Thats scary as some hundreds dollar is not a few money for me.

Actually I am still lucky coz they didnt burn the goods, some of friends's Goods are burned by goverment.

The Indo Government start more strick about this kinds of Trading.

So my dear friends please becareful when u decide to buy planting from oversea without enaugh paper.
    Yea... they are cheap but Risk is also High.

Please Advise,

Son of Adam

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. blackbeauty

blackbeauty Active Member

Better luck next time mate.

3. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Or why don't you get the proper paperwork in place so that you can do it legally, and then you won't potentially lose several hundred dollars each time and you won't annoy the seller.
    Just a soggestion : )

Ed

4. rumahpohon

rumahpohon Member

Yeah Ed, Everytime i make Import i always make this legally. But sometimes the seller dont wish to make Phyto Certificate.

Wish me Luck.

5. edleigh7

I understand now mate....
    Godd luck

Ed

6. trikus

trikus Active Member

It can be a real problem getting a phyto . It means a trip to the government inspection office , which may be many hours away . Then the charges for inspection are very high . Something like $280 per hour with a minimum of 15 minutes charge .
    The plant must be sprayed with all sorts of toxic chemicals , and it can be very dificult to find out the requirments from the country the plants are going to . Most nurseries now insist on a minimum order of $500 before an export order is considered .

7. edleigh7

Thanks for that info Mick. I was thinking of getting one but that does seem to be a bit if a drama. I might do it as a one off or something and buy up big...

Ed