Identification: Not sure on identification and propagation methods

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by rebekkahm, Nov 22, 2006.

1. rebekkahm

rebekkahm Active Member

[​IMG]

Hello,

Could someone tell me the name of this little guy and what the best method of propagation would be?

2. James D.

James D. Active Member

it looks like a type of pepromia scandens, you can take cuttings and root them in soil with rooting hormone or try placing them in a glass of water to grow roots. you can also layer it by pining one of the stems on to the soil until it grows roots and then cutting it off once it has rooted.

3. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

it is a peperomia .. and you can start a new plant ust by leaf cuttings.. you could use rooting hormone but you dont have to .. just stick the leaf in the soil and it will start a new plant .. just cut the leaf with the lil stem off the stalk ..

Marn

4. rebekkahm

rebekkahm Active Member

My peperomia has started growing these long skinny things. I kind of thought it was maybe going to bloom but they're just bumpy stick like appendages. Is it root bound? Or is that it's version of a flower?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  5. Bluewing

Bluewing Well-Known Member

6. rebekkahm

rebekkahm Active Member

Yup! That's what it looks like. I'll have to get out a magnifying glass and see what the little bumps look like close up. Thanks for the quick reply!