Robellini Palm

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by baybdol, Oct 1, 2007.

1. baybdol

baybdol Member

I live in central florida and have had a triple robellini for approx. 5 years now. Around the middle area of the trunk on two of the three, the bark (if you will) seems to be peeling off. I do not see any bugs. Is this something normal perhaps? Also can you tell me what the bundles of small grape looking things are. It seems like it has more than usual. My tree has had scale I believe and I spray it with a mixture of volk oil and something else that escapes my mind at this moment. Thank you.

2. Carol Ja

Carol Ja Active Member 10 Years

The grape looking things sound like fruit. Has it flowered recently? As for the bark peeling, I'm not sure quite what your meaning, but a picture would be really helpful. I wouldn't think scale would affect the bark in the slightest, but I could be wrong.

Also...if you want to try and hunt the problem yourself.... www.plantapalm.com/ can be helpful.
    Cheers

3. baybdol

baybdol Member

Thank you Carol Ja. I will try and figure out how to get photos on here, I am new to this. No, the grape like things have not flowered recently. Again, thanks for the response and I will work on pictures.

4. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Spellcheck for info searches: roebelenii.