have you heard of this plant

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by jaserell, Oct 1, 2007.

1. jaserell

jaserell Member

I've been looking for a sensitvity plant. The stems are about 2-3" long and up and doen the stem are small leaves and when you touch the leaves they close in. Then you wait awhile and they reopen.
    I'm looking to but one to buy

2. riptidefrog

riptidefrog Active Member

i have never seen a plant of this for sale but you can buy the seeds at certain times of the year. ive never grown it myself though.

3. JanetW

JanetW Active Member

The Sensitive Plant, Mimosa pudica we get it here in Canada periodically at a local greenhouse/Home and Garden Centre. Maybe if you look up Mimosa pudica you might find some for sale in the U.S. Janet

4. cookie_mccool

cookie_mccool Active Member

I bought some great mimosa seeds on eBay. They grow very quickly from seeds, and apparently seedlings aren't sensitive. I'm kind of weird, so I've been attempting to desensitize them so that they won't curl up when I touch them. I don't know if it's possible to behaviorally condition plants, but that's how I roll!

5. jaserell

jaserell Member

I did find some on line from TickleMePlant.com The babies are growing and so far so good. Thanx for all the info though. I tired getting in local and couldn't