Stripe me Pink - a problem child.

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Joy Cooper, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Joy Cooper

Joy Cooper Active Member

I have a Rhoeo discolour "Stripe me Pink" & can find no useful info re this plant from the usual sources, such as Google or Wiki. Its care label has some good info but nothing that will help me with my plant's problem. When I bought it some of the other plants had browning leaves, needless to say I chose the one that didn't, but a few weeks later, its leaves started to brown & shrivel. Now, it is left with one tiny leaf in the centre of the main plant & an offshoot that has one leaf partly brown but does not seem to be getting any worse (hopefully). It has been outside, for a few weeks now, in a warm, sheltered spot, which gets the a.m. sun. it is potted in a good draining mix & is not over-watered. Could chlorinated water be the problem (no fluoride)??? Or is this normal for this pretty, little plant??? Don't want to lose it so any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

they need to be kept consistantly moist - not soggy, just moist.

3. Joy Cooper

Joy Cooper Active Member

Thanks Joclyn, I do that & our climate isideal for this type of plant, most types in fact, except those that like the cold. In case it was chlorinated tap water, I have been leaving water in open containers for 24hrs to enable the chlorine to dissipate & water it with that but don't know if that will fix the problem. Fingers crossed!!!

4. Joy Cooper

Joy Cooper Active Member

The plant's condition has stabilised, just waiting to see if it will now start some new growth. Fingers crossed. Does anyone know anything about this plant? Info is fairly scarce from the usual sources. Would like to know how to look after it properly. Thanks.

5. Joy Cooper

Joy Cooper Active Member

New growth has started, all appears ok with this plant now. Still a mystery, ah well.