Passiflora(Color Pencile)

Discussion in 'Botany Photo of the Day Submissions' started by megles7187, Sep 14, 2007.

1. megles7187

megles7187 Member

Didn't see anything that said I couldn't try to submit this. It is a unfinished color pencil doodle I am doing, I am only 2 hours into it, and intend to draw the petals and leaves.

Just wanted to ask to make sure that, when I finish it, if it would be applicable to become a photo of the day? (will take a better quility image of final product.)

Attached Files:

2. padilla

padilla Member

The passion flower might be the most difficult of floral subjects to undertake! It is reading very 'pink' on my screen...but other than that, so far so good!

Cynthia Padilla, botanical artist
    Editor Sketching & Drawing. Garden & Hearth: http://www.gardenandhearth.com/SketchingandDrawing.htm

3. padilla

padilla Member

Floral Art as Photo of the Day? Re: Passiflora(Color Pencile)

I think I asked this a year ago....or I meant to. Can the 'Photo of the Day' be that of a painting?

Cynthia,
    my Flickr album http://www.flickr.com/photos/46467728@N00/

4. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

It's up to Daniel, we'll see what he says when he returns from holiday.

5. megles7187

megles7187 Member

Update: It is sorta pink, but mostly reds. It isn't realisticly colored, but I kinda liked it.

Attached Files:

6. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

7. padilla

padilla Member

botanical art Re: Passiflora(Color Pencile)

Thanks for directing us to the link inclusive to artists documentation of plants and flowers as well as photographers. However, what is there are photos, scans, fine crafts, etc but no drawings and paintings. My botanical art is drawn from a live specimens...measured and drawn to scale....colors matched and painted to exactitude.
    Cynthia Padilla

Attached Files:

8. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

The only reason exact illustrations haven't been featured is that they haven't been submitted for BPotD use.