Wedding Bouquet

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Kim80015, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Kim80015

Kim80015 Member

I found this bouquet on a Web site of Scottish wedding traditions. I love it and want to recreate it for my wedding in a couple of weeks. But I have no idea what kind of flowers these are. Can you help? My Scottish fiance will be very greatful!

Attached Files:

2. Ines

Ines Active Member

The photo isn't very big, but it looks to me as if those are white miniature rose buds and the purple flower looks like it could be some sort of campanula - also known as bellflowers. I believe they grow in Scotland, but there are several different types. Probably if you google images you should be able to find something very similar. I am not positive, though, so see what everyone else here says. But in the case that you don't find out or find that it is not a flower that you can get here, you could use some types of campanula and get a very similar look.

I think that it will be very beautiful, but don't be too much of a stickler for what flowers you use, just try to get as close as possible. Use the pic as a guide and color reference and create your own. Make sure the flowers you use will hold up all day, some flowers don't survive long after being cut from the plant.

As long as the flowers you use grow in Scotland, your fiance will love it and love that you made the effort. Good Luck and I hope you have a beautiful wedding and a happy future!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  3. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

Looks very much like Lily of the Valley (Convallaria Majalis) in there as well.Good luck!

4. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

I believe the traditional Scottish wedding bouquet contains a sprig of white heather and possibly a horseshoe, although that is another matter.

5. David in L A

David in L A Active Member 10 Years

The purple flowers look like Triteleia laxa.