you've got a new confused member, please help!

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by inbal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. inbal

inbal Member

Hello,

Around 10 month ago I got as a present a Jade tree, I followed the instructions as they are. One day I noticed that its leaves are falling! With no reason, even the new ones. I changed its place while thinking maybe it had too much light. At the beginning it was going well, however starting several days ago, it sheds its leaves more than ever!! I only touch it gently and it falls! It makes me very sad to see such a beautiful and healthy tree dying.
    I have attached a photo, not so close though. By the way, most of the leaves are full of liquid so it's not a water problem I assume...?

Can you help me help my tree, please???
    Thank you in advance,
    Inbal.

Attached Files:

2. smivies

smivies Active Member

Unlikely that it was getting too much light before, they like high light locations. It is likely a water problem, most likely too much. Be sure that you allow the soil to dry (or almost dry) out between watering. If you had been underwatering, the leaves wouldn't be as turgid. If overwatering is the culprit, things may get worse before getting better. Root rot can't be fixed overnight.

3. Luv2Grdn

Luv2Grdn Active Member

It doesn't have tiny bugs around in the dirt or crawling around the tree?

4. smivies

smivies Active Member

Tiny bugs are not a good indicator for overwatering of succulents.

5. splicer

splicer Member

Agree with Smivies, Over watering is it. Allow to dry out between waterings.
    Also have you tried to root the leaves?
    very easy to do just put the leaves stem down into the soil and keep moist. Sometimes I cheat and use rooting hormone for a few of my plants, May work for this also.
    good luck

6. inbal

inbal Member

Thank you very much for your replies(:

My plant got worst to tell you the truth, that's why I am going to cut the stem's leaves and as you seggested, root it.
    It actually swisted and one leaf got black. So there's no other choise!

Thank you again,
    Inbal.