Newbie 2

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by Luv2Grdn, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Luv2Grdn

Luv2Grdn Active Member

Just wanted to introduce myself.
    I've been gardening for a long time. My father loved to garden and landscape. So, I remember planting for a long time. I have many plants and love to putter around the yard. By trial and error I've learned some about perennials. One thing my father did not care for was perennials. Here are a few pictures of my garden. I have somewhere around 60+ different perennial & vines. Lots of different trees & bushes. I have to do another count and inventory of everything. I traveled allot as a kid so I've seen allot of the world. 49 of the state of the USA. Canada- BC, Ontario, Quebec. Europe-Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Austria. Mexico-Tiawana.(ha)
    Some of my favorites: Yellowstone National Park. Northern Calf. Victoria, Canada. West side of Michigan. Swiss Alps. Doylestown, PA. Oh, so many places. Oh, so many places to see.
    Iceland and Australia are on my list to see some day. I don't mean to sound like a snoot. I just feel very blessed to have seen so much.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Welcome, Luv2Grdn. I feel very fortunate to be able to travel, as well, though I've not gone as far abroad as you have.

Nice photographs, I particularly like the one of the tulips!

3. Luv2Grdn

Luv2Grdn Active Member

Thank you, Daniel M. It's been fun to surf this site and try to give some encouragement. I know in the future I'll be asking some questions.

4. Nancy749

Nancy749 Member

That picture of the tulips....is that a real photograph or a painting? Incredible-!

5. Luv2Grdn

Luv2Grdn Active Member

Here is another photo of the same tulip's looking down at them.
    The other photo was taken in my back yard. These pictures were
    taken with a Kodak digital camera.

Attached Files:

6. Nancy749

Nancy749 Member

Well, all I can say is.. you've inspired me to try to take pictures from a bug's eye view from now on. I think that shot of the tulips should be the photo of the month-!

7. Luv2Grdn

Luv2Grdn Active Member

Thank you, Nancy! That makes my day. :>) This is a photo my son took 2 years ago.
    Enjoy and have a great week.

Attached Files:

8. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

As a retired commercial photographer and teacher of photographer for Nikon, all I can say is you have a great eye! I'd have been proud to have you as a student. I'd likely have learned something.

9. Luv2Grdn

Luv2Grdn Active Member

Blushing and wow... something I thought of doing but have no time. Thankyou, again!

10. photopro

Depending on the quality and resolution of your digital images, I'd be pleased to give you the name of the editor of Birds and Blooms Magazine. I'll also send her a personal note. They won't accept anything but super high-res digital images but I believe they would like your work. I've worked with them and recently recommended another photographer whose work they now use regularly. Send me an email and I'll give you the information. You can find my email address near the bottom of the homepage on my website.

11. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Love the photos of your Asiatic and water lillies!!

Ed

12. Luv2Grdn

Luv2Grdn Active Member

Photopro, That is one of my favorite magazines. I always look for that hidden acorn in there photo's. Haven't won yet...anyway I'm seriously thinking about the offer. I'll contact you soon and let you know.

Ed, Thankyou. Prince S-berry is a very happy frog. He is still hanging around but
    unfortunally not the lillies. The lillies sure are worth the wait. Darn rabbits ate half of my other lillies. Dried blood saved the rest.
    Hope you all have a good week. :>)

13. photopro

Go for it! I've forwarded your note to the editors.

14. Luv2Grdn

Luv2Grdn Active Member

I went for it! Now we will have to wait and see. :>o Thanks for the encouragement, Photopro! Loved your website. The stories about your very pretty birds are funny. Pets can be so corky at times. They make me laugh. Here is a picture of my very smug Boston Terrier.

Attached Files:

15. photopro

Something tells me your effort won't go unrewarded. Wizard, the blue and gold macaw and I just shared a cracker. As you obviously read, she is quite the character. Say hi to your friend there for me! And let us know when you get your first cover!