White Rose

Discussion in 'Flower Mandalas Project' started by dbookbinder, Jan 15, 2005.

1. dbookbinder

dbookbinder Active Member 10 Years

Suggestions for a complementary quote, a word that these mandala images evoke, or some history or other information about the flower itself are most welcome, as are corrections to my flower identification if I've got it wrong and any other comments you'd care to make.

I'd also appreciate identification of the specific cultivar, if applicable.

Thanks,
    - David
    © 2004, David J. Bookbinder

Attached Files:

2. The words are...

perfection

3. BillofNYC

David, From Alan Watts, The Joyous Cosmology - "It is a dancing present-the unfolding of a pattern which has no specific destination in the future but is simply its own point, It leaves and arrives simultaneously, and the seed is as much the goal as the flower. Bill

4. ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Member

orchid fusion

one of the inner parts of the mandala that is rounded makes me think of the anther caps of orchid flowers! rose meets orchid = purity? fantastic.

5. Laurie

Laurie Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

It is difficult to tell from one photograph, but I think that this rose may be 'French Lace'. So much depends on site and conditions: 'French Lace' has a soft apricot bud, opens soft apricot in shade, white in sun, and finishes white. I will attach some photographs for you to compare to the original photographs or bush. Readers, beware that this rose is somewhat tender.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  6. hamadryad

hamadryad Active Member

Of all the white flower mandalas, I think this one best embodies "Om mani padme hum", the jewel in the lotus of the heart, a Buddhist mantram. That is, unless there IS a lotus somewhere! <grin>

Thanks for sharing these, David-- they are wonderful! I'm wondering, tho, why they all seem to be monocots-- do you plan any 5-part versions, or maybe 4 or 8? Just curious...

Sally

7. K Baron

K Baron Well-Known Member

O>K> so wha is your secret, the latter is far too perfect, yet stunning! Thankyou for this effort, it is uncompromisingly beautiful!